Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Now what?

After being diagnosed with "unexplained secondary infertility" we decided to continue to try on our own with high hopes of being able to conceive naturally. In my head the 2 year mark was sorta my magic number. If it hadn't happened by that time then we would try to take further action. (Never really believing it would come to that) Here we are now though, one month shy of the 2 year mark. So, what now? We have a few options, we could keep on trying naturally, try with help from our reproductive endocrinologist, or consider looking into adoption. I have been praying and waiting, and waiting and praying on what to do. Lately, the only thing I can make sense of is trying with an IUI. I can't figure out, however if this is my impatient self wanting want I want now, and trying to control the situation, or is this the Lord prompting my spirit and leading me in that direction. I can come up with handfuls of guesses and reasons why God would have us go through infertility treatments, and I can do the same for the contrary. I guess it's not really my job to predict His plans for the future, but rather trust that He knows what they are, and they are good. Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment